Airtel Super Singer Semi-Finals – Renu finishes on top

So the Airtel Super Singer semifinals completed last night and Renu, Ajeesh and Ravi went through to the finals directly. It was a very close competition and the top 3 were just separated by 1 point from each other. Renu finishing on top was a bit of a shocker for me personally, even though I thought that she will make it to the finals.

I was hoping Ravi or Ajeesh to finish in the top spot. Renu did a good job over the past three days but yet again she was monotonous. All the songs were the same type and I thought the others at least tried something different. Vijay did not have a good time in the Semi-finals. His song choices except for the last one were odd and he had some issues with the vocals too.

Ranjani did pretty well in the semi finals and was really close to the top 3 until Unni revealed his scores. I was already convinced even before the semi-finals started that Ranjani and Vijay would be the ones eliminated. Renu got really high scores in all rounds even though Ravi and Ajeesh sang pretty well in comparison.

Anyways it seems like Vijay and Ranjani have to battle it out for the one spot in the wild card round next week. I am not sure who will be joining them in the wild card round. I am thinking Prasanna and Raghini but I can’t be sure until I see the previews for the next week’s show.

Anyways we have our three finalists decided and it wasn’t that much of a surprise. I just hope that we have Prasanna in the wild card and he gets selected for the finals. Let’s see how the wild card round goes and I will be for sure be back with the updates from the same.

39 thoughts on “Airtel Super Singer Semi-Finals – Renu finishes on top

1. Ravi says:

I too disappointed with the semi final results. We were thinking Ravi will top the list. It looks like some biased results. When ever these three Mallu Judges are not there Ravi always gets the recognition. That is why he did not get the Guitar when During the ARR episode. No doubt Renu and Ajeesh are singing fine. But they don’t have any variety. Both are taking only slow songs. In order to be SS (according to these three only)they have to be good in all types. Especially Sunata recongines Ajeesh only (being a Malaya lee). She never ever appreciated Ravi So far. So if the SS title is decided by these three Judges then IT will be AJEESH only. Hope they will change the Judges for Finals.

• Amita says:

well said.Even I felt the same…Mallu judges they kept ajeesh on board for a long time. I felt ranjini and raagini were good…finals was damn disappointing when Ravi lost. He is such a talented guy. Unni krishnan was the one who appreciated Ravi inspite on being a mallu 🙂 Exception. Ravi deserved. Ranjini deserved aplace on finals …Her porale ponnu thaayee and minsara kanna etc were amazing. But they threw her and placed prasanna to make the competition pretty easy for Ajeesh. I felt really bad. They could have taken grt singers from Tamil Nadu as judges or unbiased judges. Public voting was also not so helpful hardly public can receognize they believe judges blindly… Mallu judges can do nothing more than supporting Ajeesh.

2. hi ravi, i really don’t think its a malayalee bias if anything. i am not malayalee and i wouldnt have put ravi on top. but that aside, i never understand the results.if anything the grading system depicted in the semi-finals sort of further supports the idea that there was no bias. look at what differing grades each of the three judges gave the contestants. even as judges, they have different expectations and tastes when it comes to the performances.

does anyone know who made it to the finals from the wildcard round? i am hoping santosh. i think he’s recovered amazingly on his own. he wasnt even one of my favourites initially but has become rather intriguing. he may be able to give all three;renu ravi and ajeesh a run for their money. let’s see.

• premk says:

yes it is true that 2 mallus being judges ajeesh got selected

ranjani was a bettter singer and she shud have come to the finals

3. jessie says:

hai renu, u r rocking in super singer. am a great fan of ur’s. plz send me ur e-mail add to my id. this is my id (priya_priya9999@yahoo.com). i love ur voice soooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhh. god bless u da………

4. Ishwarya Nagaraj says:

Hi Finalists,

All the Best 4 ur bright future ahead….
    Definitely u r on the way…i ll pray to God 4 all of u guys,,this program wouldnt be this successfull without u all…thankyou 4 entertaining us !!!!!!i feel sorry 4 Vijay ADAMS,Rahini,Santhosh but i loved ur sportmanship!!!!!!!i dont sing but i love to hear others singing…tats wat made me to comment on u guys…

For the FINALISTS

Whoever winning doesnt matter,u people gav a tough fight to others,,tats y u r here….

u people are already SUPER SINGERS more of playback singers

waiting 4 ur final round…….

• Rajasekar says:

Hi Vijay and Rahini .. You also did very well.. I hope u people sing become playback singer soon.. All the best

5. priya says:

hai ravi,
    ur voice is super please continue the same.we wish u all the best for finals.hope u l win.we pray.

6. hi finalists,
    I think you are the blooming singers in India.I feel sorry for Vijay,Santhosh,Rahini.I have seen your performance, without missing even a single minute.I am inspired by your singing &I have decided to attend vocal class.I saw your PHOTO SHOOT.It was very humorous because of Ajeesh and others were looking so beautiful.
    ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FINALS AND YOUR BRIGHT FUTURE!!!
    I shall pray the Almighty that you should perform well in finals.I was very shocked to see your friendship with your co-contestants.Participation is more important than winning & you have done it.
    HATS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. neeraja says:

hi…renu……
    what a magic voice !!!!!!!!!!
    na epdiyavadhu ungala pakkanumae….epdium pappaen.
    god bless you da chellam………
    i love u and ur voice da chellam.

8. premk says:

i think ravi and renu both are equally talented

so it will depend on that day how they perform

if they give it to prasaana and ajeesh then it is biased

ranjani is also good

9. jessie says:

hai renu,
    plz i wanna talk wid u da chellam. plz send ur mobile no to my
    id (priya_priya9999@yahoo.com)
    atleast plz reply for my message…………… plz plz plz plz plz plz

10. kalai vani says:

hai renu
    im kalai.i love ur voice.im waiting for ur final round.all the best for ur future da.
    byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

taaaaaaaaa tuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

11. Priya Srikanth says:

Hi,
    Old is gold – the first day of finals was a fabulous episode. Thanks to Malini for the wonderful compering. Ranjani, as usual, was awesome in her singing. I have never heard Ajeesh sing with so much modulation in his voice. Kudos to Ajeesh for today’s performance.

• Hema says:

Hi ,

This message is for ajeesh,ajeesh i have voted u several times dear, u got a very good talented voice, u are a playboy along with singing talent, when i was seeing u on the stage u always keep smiling and also u sing with entertainment, i saw ur mother also she should feel very happy for like she was taken this type of chils on her birth, iam very much happy to see you on stage ajeesh, I will pray almighty god that you should win in finals ma, and my husband, he is also very impressed in your singing ma, once u got a title plz say thanks to god for your growth dear, ajeesh again iam telling you plz careful in finals and select tough and also good songs which proves ur talent ya, all the very best ajeesh,

plz sendme a mail , i will be very happy for receiving ur mail ma.

hema1840@gmail.com
      Mrs.Hemalathavijayakumar
      9994056012

12. Hai Renu
    i love ur voice very much iam ur fan i wish u all the sucess in finalists. i hope u do inthe final and win the title all the best will u plz send ur mobile no to me make me as ur friend. once again i wish u to get the title this is signing u from priyavenkatesh

13. SANTHOSH says:

Hai Renu
    i love ur voice very much, Hope u will win the finals… i hav voted u dont worry….failure and sucess are the steping stones of every boby lifes…..ALL THE BEST…..PRAYING TO GOD TAHT RENU HAS TO WIN……..
    LOVE UR SWEET VOICE CHALLOOOOOO

14. SANTHOSH says:

hi…renu……
    what a magic voice !!!!!!!!!!
    na epdiyavadhu ungala pakkanumae….epdium pappaen.
    god bless you da chellam………
    i love u and ur voice da chellam

15. SANTHOSH says:

“Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. “HOPE RENU WINS THE AIR TEL SUPER SINGER TITLE

16. MANIKANDAN says:

hi renu

nice voice once more – unna vida entha ulagathil from virumandi

pls sing to me my no 9791546009

pls
    pls
    pls

17. Nanda kumar says:

hi renu
    This is Nanda frm Singapore Ur voice is so nice. but u have to improve urself.I think ur voice is suitable for the melody songs.I like ur voice very much.I hope u Win the Airtel super singer title.All the Best.God Bless U.

18. Hi ,

This message is for ajeesh,ajeesh i have voted u several times dear, u got a very good talented voice, u are a playboy along with singing talent, when i was seeing u on the stage u always keep smiling and also u sing with entertainment, i saw ur mother also she should feel very happy for like she was taken this type of chils on her birth, iam very much happy to see you on stage ajeesh, I will pray almighty god that you should win in finals ma, and my dad , , he is also very impressed in your singing ma, once u got a title plz say thanks to god for your growth dear, ajeesh again iam telling you plz careful in finals and select tough and also good songs which proves ur talent ya, all the very best ajeesh,

plz sendme a mail , i will be very happy for receiving ur mail..
    sharma.sucre@hotmail.com
    my number is 9600828640.
    pls call me or send me an e mail
    with your number i ll be very happy.I vote for you so many times.

19. vignesh says:

awatin d finals .. happi that “prasanna” has been eliminatd. hez just makin 2 much of a scene on stage….. just hate t lik nethn………

20. malcolm says:

hi ravi u are the best i lovve uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, pls call or mail me . yor are gonna be the TITLE WINNER2009

21. Amita says:

A good blog. I liked ravi renu ranjini raginisree… but to my dismay the competition became worst wen they selected Prasanna instead of Ranjini. Rela talent moved off. Finals for no reason had ajeesh.. Ajeesh can be a good kalyana mandapam singer…sory i feel so and many feel so… real talent is with Ravi , Ranjini Reni raginisree. Ravi should have ideally won the title. they ve played a nice prank . God know who got so many sms. They can play any drama. after all its a game which is with the vijay tv . Anywyas we have recognized the real talent. SS MUSIC has recognized the real talent so no doubt Ravi. You are gonna win a national award. Ravi , your oru naal podhuma really was superb than the original track even ur vellai pura ondru z so sweet…better than original track i cant pin point all ur performances z a treat to me. I used to rush to home from y office just to watch urs…i wanna hear ur voice in all lang…take good care of urself….bye

22. Rajesh says:

Hi Ajeesh

This is Rajesh from CBE, we are doing a Tamil movie with all new face, new music director who has done some Albums, now songs recording is going on, in Vijay super singer I saw your voice was excellent, I am looking your voice test for our new movie, I couldn’t get in touch with you, if you find this message across pls drop a mail, uuu.rajesh@gmail.com

Regards
    Rajesh

23. paapu kutty says:

hiiiiiiiiii ajeesh my soul,
    vat a voice men luv u a lot sply ur song tat ithu varai melts me luv u soooo much let all success go to u in ur future and may also luv u much lik me…….. will u marry me ????? plzzzzzzz accept me as ur frnd atleast…….. if u can plzzzzz mail me at paapu_kutty@yahoo.com. ummahhhhhhhh.
    with loads of luv,
    ur PAAPU DOIN’ 1ST YEAR MEDICINE AT MADURAI

24. Shalini says:

I love u Ajeesh. You deserve the title,you made it yar. Keep singing ever to win all of our heart. Love you lot.

25. Shalini says:

Dear ajeesh, I dint watch airtel super singer2008.but I watched super singer 2009,i admired alka. Wen I listen idhuvarai, I was stunned by ur voice and singing,keep doing the gud job to impress every 1